Honorable Brenda T. Rhoades
United States Bankruptcy Court
Eastern District Of Texas
660 N. Central Expressway, Suite 300A
Plano, TX 75074
Judge Rhoades serves as a Judge for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Texas. She is the presiding judge in the Sherman and Texarkana Divisions of the Eastern District.
Judge Rhoades was born in Seoul, Korea. She graduated with a B.S. in Applied Mathematics from Texas A&M University and a J.D. (magna cum laude) from Arizona State University, College of Law. After law school, Judge Rhoades engaged in private practice focusing primarily on bankruptcy and insolvency law, corporate restructuring, asset acquisitions and dispositions, and commercial litigation.
Judge Rhoades has served as:
· the Vice President of Membership, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association;
· Council Member, Council on Legal Education Opportunity (CLEO) in association with the ABA Fund for Justice and Education;
· Member of the Board of Directors, Dallas Bar Association;
· President, Dallas Asian American Bar Association;
· Vice President, Membership, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association;
· Chair, Asian Pacific Interest Section of the Texas State Bar;
· Sustaining Fellow of the Dallas Bar Foundation;
· Master of the John C. Ford Inns of Court;
· Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation;
· Board Member, Korean American Coalition;
· ABI member;
· NCBJ member
· Board of Directors, Collin County Women Lawyers Association.
Judge Rhoades is also a Sustaining Fellow of the Dallas Bar Foundation, Master of the John C. Ford Inns of Court, and a Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation.