Michael J. Schroeder
3610 North Josey Lane, Suite 206
Carrollton, TX 75007
Michael J. Schroeder, the Principal of Michael J. Schroeder, P.C., received his Bachelor of Arts Degree from Drake University in 1979 and his Juris Doctorate Degree from Drake Law School in 1983. While at Drake, Mr. Schroeder was a member of the Drake Law Review, served as Case Notes Editor of the Law Review. His case note, Lien Avoidance in Bankruptcy, was published at 31 Drake Law Review 240 (1981).
Mr. Schroeder was admitted to practice to the State Bar of Iowa in 1983 and to the State Bar of Texas in 1987. He has also been admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa, the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court. His memberships include the Iowa State Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas, the Dallas Bar Association, the Federal Bar Association, the American Legal & Financial Network, and the National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees. Mr. Schroeder served as the Judiciary/Legislative Committee Chairman (1991-1993) and as a Director (1994 - 1995) of the Dallas Mortgage Bankers; and a member of the TMBA Servicing Committee (2016-2017).
Mr. Schroeder has lectured on various bankruptcy, foreclosure, and title issues to several mortgage lending groups, including the Mortgage Bankers Servicing Conference, the Texas Mortgage Bankers Association, the Southern States Servicing Conference, the American Legal & Financial Network, and the State Bar of Texas Advanced Bankruptcy Course. He has also written real estate related articles, including Dewsnup v. Timm: A Lien is a Lien is a Lien, 5 NACTT Quarterly No. 3 (April 1992).
In addition, he successfully represented the mortgage lender in the residential lien stripping/cramdown case of Nobelman v. American Savings Bank, 113 S. Ct. 2106 (1993); Munoz v. James B. Nutter & Co., No. 10-3039-hcm, 2011 WL 710501 (Bankr. W.D. Tex. 2-22-11).
Mr. Schroeder is A-V Preeminent rated by Martindale.
Papers and Speaking Engagements by Mr. Schroeder:
- ALFN Te@ch On Site Training (Dallas), November 12, 2015 Recent Texas Real Estate Developments
- Southern States Servicing Conference, September 19 - 20, 2012 Foreclosure Rescue Scams, Foreclosure Requirements in Texas
- ALFN Te@ch On Site Training (Dallas), September 18, 2012 Foreclosure Rescue Scams, Foreclosure Requirements in Texas
- ALFN Te@ch On Site Training (Dallas), March 13, 2012 Foreclosure Stormfronts
- ALFN Te@ch On Site Training (Colonial Savings), September 14, 2011
- Moderator for sessions on loss mitigation, litigation, collections, foreclosure, bankruptcy
- ALFN Te@ch On Site Training (Flagstar Bank), June 7 - 8, 2011 Servicing Bankrupt Mortgages in Texas; Best Practices
- Southern States Servicing Conference, April 9 - 10, 2008
- Servicing Bankrupt Mortgages in Texas; The Erosion of Judicial Confidence
- TMBA Servicing Conference, March 15, 2007 Bankruptcy Mortgage Servicing in Texas
- TMBA Servicing Conference, February 12, 2006 New Changes in the Automatic Stay Process
- TMBA Servicing Conference, February 15, 2005 Texas Foreclosure Issues
- 8th Annual State Bar of Texas Advanced Bankruptcy Course, 1992 Bankruptcy Appellate Procedure